Saturday, November 3, 2012

Eating for One


Well, I'm at it again.  I'm on Day #2 of an abbreviated 12-day cleanse.  In January, I did Whole Living's 21-Day Action Plan.  Basically, I went 21 days without:

- processed foods
- added sugar
- dairy
- gluten
- caffeine
- alcohol

This time, my friend Audrey & I are shortening it to 12 days, & I'm armed with a juicer.  I drank some green juice this morning, and I've got a sweet potato in the oven.  You can check out my other blog, http://whatnikkiate.blogspot.com, to see what I'm eating.

Yesterday, I was talking to my parents on the phone & mentioned the cleanse.  My mom asked why I was doing it.  "Well, I just feel like my eating habits have gotten out of control, and nothing even sounds good to me lately.  Even meat is grossing me out - you know what I mean?"  My parents were quiet for a second, and then my mom mumbled something & giggled.  She thought I was pregnant.

Not quite, Mom, but I am getting plenty of folate!

1 comment: