Saturday, September 22, 2012

Learning about sweeteners


I’m on Day 6 of no artificial sweeteners, and I’ve gotta say – this is a useful “Without”.  When I used to look through the list of ingredients on a wrapper, aside from sugar & aspartame, I had no idea which sweeteners were natural and which were artificial.  Everything ending in –ose started to freak me out.  Now, I’ll try to avoid saccharin, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, and neotame.  I’m cool with Truvia (stevia).

Even though I’ll try to avoid them altogether , starting Monday I’m gonna make Ben do a blind test with me and some waters sweetened with various stuff so I can nail down which one is the culprit!

Also, I’ve been missing pop.  Even the syrups for homemade pop have artificial sweeteners.  So does Crystal Light.  Then I found Crystal Light Pure at the store!  Sweet! (pun intendedAnd now I just found THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment