Monday, August 13, 2012

LOOK AT ME!


Day #1 of bike commuting was a success!  I experienced a bunch of things on the way to work that I wouldn’t have in a car:
  •           A cool breeze on my face
  •           Exchanging “good mornings” with 2 dog walkers, a utility worker, and a homeless guy
  •           Meeting the electricians that were working at the office
  •           Burning a few calories

Plus, I was really awake & in a great mood when I got to my desk.  (I can hear the “I-told-you-sos already…)  

Half of my route is through residential streets, and half of it is along busy streets in a commercial area.  I have ridden with traffic before, but I’m not yet comfortable enough to do it during rush hour on those streets.  Besides, I have a feeling my slow butt would seriously impede traffic!

The ride home was a little bit more stressful.  I actually yelled “LOOK AT ME!” to an oblivious driver on a cell phone.   Both the forecast and my schedule have worked out perfectly for this week – so I’m hoping for another successful ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment