Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Week Without Commuting by Car


It’s been months since I’ve done a “week without”, but that’s not to say that I haven’t been self-improving J  My husband and I have been cracking down on our horrible sleep habits, clutter covering the house, and next we’re looking to improve our finances.  There’s no shortage of things that we need to organize…

After a few weeks of HOT weather including three-digit temperatures, Nebraska is starting to feel like fall.  Perfect for football, and perfect for riding my bike to work!  “Ride my bike to work 10 times” was one of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2012, and it’s high time I got it crossed off my list!  So, starting tomorrow, I’m going a Week Without Commuting by Car.  I can still use my car for other things, but I’ll be getting to & from the office on two wheels.

On another note, I’m taking a long weekend beginning Friday to cross off another reolution:  taking an overnight river trip.  If all goes well, I’ll be paddling down the Dismal River – which I hear is contrary to its name.

1 comment: