Monday, August 22, 2011

Update: I'm lame.

I am having social media withdrawals. Hey, don’t judge me. You’re reading this on a blog.

It’s a good thing I made Ben block Facebook on all of our computers at home, because I tried to check it out of habit at least 10 times today. I wasn’t able to uninstall the Facebook app from my Android phone, but Ben had the good idea to log me out. That way, even if I open the app, I’m reminded not to check Facebook. I was fine at work, but that’s because most of my day was spent editing or re-learning CPR/First Aid. Resusci-Annie is a piss-poor replacement for my FB News Feed.

I don’t think I post THAT many status updates, but now that I CAN’T, everything seems important enough to post. That perfect-looking veggie lasagna I pulled out of the oven? I should post a photo of that! That funny thing I thought of in the car? I should post that! Those photos from the weekend – I should share those! My life…riveting, really.

I allowed myself the normal checks of the Twitter account I run for work, but decided that using my own Twitter or Google+ are off limits for this week, too.

It is embarrassing how much I missed Facebook today, but I think it’s already making me get off the couch & DO more. Since I wasn’t sitting on my butt with my laptop after work, I made a really good homemade dinner, then worked out & swam with a friend tonight. And I wrote this. That counts for something, right?? Judging by my planner, I think I’ll be busy enough with real life this week that I’ll be distracted from my virtual one.

Yup. I’m that lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment