Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year's Cleanse Day #9

Week #2 is wonderful, but very busy! I had another antioxidant smoothie for breakfast, but didn’t pack a lunch. Since I had to meet with my Teammate across town followed by an all-staff meeting, I couldn’t run home, so I went to the grocery store instead & loaded up on spinach, peas, and cabbage at the salad bar. Skipped the meat & the dressing, but I got to have a few strawberries & some balsamic vinegar instead (not together – that would be odd.)

Last night, I felt so good after dinner that I wanted to work out. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it was so late & I got there 15 minutes before they closed! I busted my butt & got 2+ miles in on an elliptical before I had to leave. I’m goin’ back tonight!

Plus, this blog/cleanse is leading to fun things! The Public Relations guru from my gym asked to interview me for the monthly newsletter, and there’s a chance I’ll be on the Martha Stewart Show via webcam! Crazy, right?

On the menu for tomorrow:

Scrambled Tofu with Collards and Turmeric

Red Lentil Soup with Turnip & Parsley

...that's if I can get the kitchen cleaned up. It looks like a DISASTER right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment