Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gin & Tonic...hold the gin.

Well, $H*! I didn’t exactly stop cursing last week, and not for lack of trying. The challenge was still worthwhile, because it made me realize when & where I do it. (It’s mostly around Ben or when I’m alone). It’s also helping me to do it less often now.

On Monday, I began my Week Without Alcohol. It conveniently coincides with a I’m-trying-to-lose-weight week J I enjoy drinking, and I enjoy the feeling of getting drunk & letting loose* once in a while. However, I don’t feel like I rely on it to relax. It’s just a tasty way to do it once in a while! J I’m hoping this week will help me lose weight & remind me that I don’t have to drink to have fun on the weekend.

I’ve got a Game Night this Friday night, followed by a very early morning (4am!!) for a relay race. I’m volunteering, not running, but there will likely be celebration afterward. I’ll be booze-free for both. If anyone needs a ride home, I’m your DD this week!

*Do you notice how everyone misspells lose/loose? It drives me insane. win:lose::tight:loose , people!

1 comment: