Wednesday, September 21, 2011

$#*^!&@^!

This week, I went with my mom’s suggestion: A Week Without Swearing. I’m not too bad when it comes to cursing, but I’m definitely more crass than I used to be. I’m pretty sensitive to people cursing when there are children within earshot, I don’t use foul language when my grandma’s around, and I know when to behave myself. But already, this week is making me realize that I curse a lot at home or when I’m...by myself! I guess I hold it in until I’m ready to unload on an inanimate object, a bad driver (with my windows rolled up, of course), or my own mistakes. If you’ve known me for very long, you know that I usually say I’m “honked off” if I’m annoyed. If I stub my toe or my computer crashes, I might mutter “frick on a stick!” (ala Elliot Reid). You probably also know that if I’m joking around with you at the bar, angry, nervous, or well…just want to emphasize my point, I might drop the occasional F-bomb. Sorry, Mom & Dad.

This week will be more of a mental game than previous weeks. Prepare to meet mild-mouthed Nikki!

1 comment: