Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Week Without Clutter

I’m in the middle of a Week Without…Clutter. Sort of. My fiancé came up with this one, and it’s more like a Week WITH than a Week WITHOUT. Whatever. The important thing is that my fiancé suggested we do something that I’m always nagging him about.

Fiancé: “Hey, I have an idea for your next Week Without…”

Me: “What?”

Fiancé: “Every time we leave a room, we have to pick up one thing.”

My head: (insert hallelujah chorus here)

Me: Ok! And if either one of us gets caught not doing it, we have to pick up TWO things.

Fiancé: Ok. Or turn off the light.

Me: What?? You should do that normally!

Fiancé: Oh. Ok.

So this week is going very well! I think I do a decent job of cleaning up after myself, but this is a good reminder. And getting to tell my fiancé to clean up is the icing on the cake.

Here’s a little peek into how crazy (or typical??) I am: My mood changes drastically based on three factors: The weather, exercise, and how clean the house is. Not mopped-and-scrubbed-and-sanitized-clean – My standards aren’t that high. I just need the clutter contained. If the flat surfaces in my house (counters, kitchen table, beds, pool table) aren’t covered in mail, clothing, or dishes, I’m pretty happy. The temperatures have been in the 70s this week, and my kitchen has been clear of clutter. If I get myself on the bike, I may reach nirvana.

1 comment: